Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Factness

Whom could I talk to who could provide me with information that has factness about this question?
I would like to talk to my marketing and visual communications professors. They would have different takes on the subject "visual literacy," one from an advertising, business-based background and the other from an artistic view. There is an advertising firm in Elmhurst called Maddock Douglas, and I would like to set up an interview with an employee from there who works with actual advertisements and visual literacy.

What could I read that would provide me with information that has factness about this question?
I have already started my research with books, journals and magazine articles. These are all ways to find textual factness concerning my topic. I would also like to find information on visual literacy in composition study books so I can relate my topic more tightly to the composition community.

What else could I do besides talk to people and read to acquire information or factness about this question? (Jolliffe 75)
This does involve talking to someone, but I would like to talk to Professor O'Rourke and ask her what questions she has and what she would like to gain after reading my paper on visual literacy. That way I'll have some compositionally based questions to focus on that will appeal to my audience. Something else I could do to gather informational "factness" is to conduct a survey or experiment. In my research I came across an experiment that I may be able to reference or conduct myself. A survey would allow me to gather information about how the general public views visual literacy.

1 comment:

KOpal said...

A survey on how people view visual literacy could be a really interesting component of your research.

I'm not exactly sure how this could work, but if you could subconsciously survey this- by actually testing visual literacy within the survey- that might be a creative avenue to take.

Not sure I articulated this correctly, (and it's just a suggestion), but hopefully you get the jist of what I'm saying here. :)